Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kapatiran 2011

The Kapatiran in Assumption-Iloilo lasted for 3 days.


1st Day: (June 28, 2011)
For the 1st day, we brought our own packed-lunch and the food each growth com. planned to bring. We ate at the spacious softball field from 12 noon until 1o'clock. During this time, we had the opportunity to mingle with our younger and elder sisters and brothers from different year levels and we also got to eat as a one big happy family because we ate together by growth com. from 1st year up to the 4th year. Even though we bonded for just 1 hour, no one can say, "Okay, let's just forget what just happened; anyway, it just happened in a blink of one's eye". I can totally say that I'm not the only one who had so much fun but WE ALL DID.




2nd Day: (June 29,2011)
We dressed up as our favorite anime/cartoon character, actor/actress, etc. We had our parade around the school and went directly to our respected classroom to start our afternoon class. We're supposed to have our sculptor-making but because we lack tine, we just went back to our rooms. All of us (or maybe it was just me) were disappointed because we were told that the activity will be the whole afternoon. I was expecting that this year's Kapatiran would be even more exciting and remarkable than the one we had last year. Nevertheless, I still had fun.





3rd Day: (June 30,2011)
We went somewhere in Jaro to help the people build their houses. But first and foremost, we took our lunch and after that, we proceeded to the St. Anne's Hall. There, one person introduced to us what Gawad Kalinga is. After the introduction, we traveled by jeepney from Assumption-Iloilo to the Gawad Kalinga site. I was very excited to go to the Gawad Kalinga site that even while I'm still siting, stuff like carrying a pail of cement, going back and forth, etc. crossed my innocent mind.  When we reached the site, we didn't immediately start working because it was raining cats and dogs. After a couple of minutes, my heart was mournful because the facilitators told us that we have to go back to the school and that we will just go back some other time. So there's nothing I nor we can do. We did just what is instructed to us even though we feel like our hearts were stabbed with a knife. I was very disappointed. Did I get my hopes too high?



>faith

No comments:

Post a Comment